Sandi AltnerAuthor of Ravenscraig, currently writing the sequel which is about Arthur Bryant, an art forger in 1914 who brings R.J. Wilkesbury into a scheme to sell fake masterpieces to American millionaires.
Download the E-Book
- @louiskessler you are so kind to think of me and my goals. I made it. Please see the direct messages. 2 weeks ago
- RT @SILibraries: It's Courtesy Month, so review this 1883 list of "vulgar acts" to avoid in public. From bit.ly/1tNzcnx http://t.co… 3 weeks ago
- Fakes of Fakes for sale. #artforgery #Elmyrdehory New Zealand: 'Fake forgeries' to be auctioned bbc.com/news/blogs-new… 3 weeks ago
- If I didn't have imaginary friends I would have to actually talk to people more often. #amwriting #NaNoWriMo 3 weeks ago
- Off to visit a Count and Countess in France in 1902. They sell spurious paintings and I'm buying. #artforgery #nanowrimo #amwriting 3 weeks ago
Radio Canada InternationalClick on the Image to listen to the interview.
- America (3)
- Blogs I recommend (3)
- Books (18)
- Canada (2)
- Canadian Writers (11)
- Family history (16)
- Films (11)
- Gambling (1)
- Halifax Titanic (3)
- History (23)
- Jewish Book Council Authors Tour (6)
- Montreal (8)
- Ravenscraig Reviews (10)
- Ravenscraig Sequel (7)
- Ravenscraig the novel (19)
- Research Gems (2)
- Rupert Willows (3)
- Sequel (8)
- Storytellers (16)
- Theatre (1)
- Titanic (22)
- Titanic Auction (1)
- Titanic Salvage (2)
- Titanic Survivors (8)
- Transportation (6)
- Ukrainians in Canada (5)
- Uncategorized (60)
- Winnipeg (30)
- Writing (27)
- Writing tips (1)
Ravenscraig by Sandi Krawchenko Altner launched as a bestsellerin paperback fiction in Winnipeg. The romantic, gripping story pitches rich against poor in a booming frontier city in the early 1900s, culminating on the Titanic with the story of Winnipeg’s Fortune family. Learn more about the book and see the book trailer by clicking on the cover image.
Praise for Ravenscraig
"Wonderful...Welcome to Downton Abbey and Upstairs Downstairs with a Winnipeg twist." ~Winnipeg Free Press
“Ravenscraig is superb. It is a book that almost seems to have been written specifically for me, involving Jewish immigrants who resemble what my great-grandparents were like, and reflecting the attitude and hope that I have in life.” ~Louis Kessler, past president, Jewish Heritage Centre of Western Canada
Top Posts & Pages
- Salvaging Titanic Artifacts – Grave Robbing or Preserving History?
- MNOHAYA LITA - МНОГАЯ ЛІТА
- Titanic: The Auction - How many items?
- Titanic Survivor Esther Bloomfield Hart Recalls Tragic Sinking
- Ravenscraig Praised in Winnipeg Free Press Book Review
- Ravenscraig Book Trailer
- Titanic Salvage - Has the Wreck Been Picked Clean?
- About the Book
- Remembering Canada's 1967 Centennial Train
- Titanic's "Unknown Child"
Category Archives: Halifax Titanic
The Titanic treasure trove is going up for auction. Many critics will sum up the announcement by saying, “greed wins out in the end”. After 18 years of court battles, the artifacts that have been recovered from the wreck of … Continue reading
Home from your summer vacation and wondering how to bring something more meaningful to next year’s travels? How about Titanic? The 100th anniversary of the sinking is April 15th, 2012. If you are truly adventurous, and wealthy, you might consider … Continue reading