Download the E-Book
- #Whattoread Historical fiction fans. Ravenscraig 4.5 stars on 91 reviews! #familysaga. amazon.com/dp/B0093GS6NK/… http://t.co/tnqmKjzdjq 2 weeks ago
- Raising babies: When nature calls...how about right here on the street, Poopsie? nytimes.com/2013/04/19/nyr… 1 month ago
- Titanic salvage: Grave Robbing or Preserving History? altnersandi.com/2011/02/12/sal…–-grave-robbing-or-preserving-history/ 1 month ago
- RT @neilhimself: From the @GuardianBooks I talk about my keynote speech at The London Book Fair Digital Minds conference: http://t.co/6F ... 1 month ago
- #Titanic's unknown child. A mystery that stymied experts for years. altnersandi.com/2011/04/27/tit… 1 month ago
Radio Canada InternationalClick on the Image to listen to the interview.
- America (2)
- Blogs I recommend (3)
- Books (17)
- Canada (2)
- Canadian Writers (11)
- Family history (16)
- Films (11)
- Halifax Titanic (3)
- History (23)
- Jewish Book Council Authors Tour (5)
- Montreal (8)
- Ravenscraig Reviews (7)
- Ravenscraig the novel (16)
- Research Gems (1)
- Rupert Willows (1)
- Storytellers (12)
- Theatre (1)
- Titanic (22)
- Titanic Auction (1)
- Titanic Salvage (2)
- Titanic Survivors (8)
- Transportation (6)
- Ukrainians in Canada (5)
- Uncategorized (40)
- Winnipeg (29)
- Writing (17)
Ravenscraig by Sandi Krawchenko Altner launched as a bestsellerin paperback fiction in Winnipeg. The romantic, gripping story pitches rich against poor in a booming frontier city in the early 1900s, culminating on the Titanic with the story of Winnipeg’s Fortune family. Learn more about the book and see the book trailer by clicking on the cover image.
Praise for Ravenscraig
"Wonderful...Welcome to Downton Abbey and Upstairs Downstairs with a Winnipeg twist." ~Winnipeg Free Press
“Ravenscraig is superb. It is a book that almost seems to have been written specifically for me, involving Jewish immigrants who resemble what my great-grandparents were like, and reflecting the attitude and hope that I have in life.” ~Louis Kessler, past president, Jewish Heritage Centre of Western Canada
Top Posts & Pages
- The Fortune Family: Winnipeg Titanic Survivors
- Salvaging Titanic Artifacts – Grave Robbing or Preserving History?
- Titanic Survivor Eva Hart and her connection to Winnipeg
- Winnipeg's Royal Alexandra Hotel-Preserved in a BC Museum
- Titanic Passengers -- Hudson Allison and Family -- Former Winnipeg Residents
- Titanic: The Auction - How many items?
- Streetcars and Trolley Buses in Winnipeg
- Titanic Salvage - Has the Wreck Been Picked Clean?
- Montreal Anglos Who Moved "Out West"
- Titanic Salvage in a Wristwatch?
Category Archives: Halifax Titanic
The Titanic treasure trove is going up for auction. Many critics will sum up the announcement by saying, “greed wins out in the end”. After 18 years of court battles, the artifacts that have been recovered from the wreck of … Continue reading
Home from your summer vacation and wondering how to bring something more meaningful to next year’s travels? How about Titanic? The 100th anniversary of the sinking is April 15th, 2012. If you are truly adventurous, and wealthy, you might consider … Continue reading